The mission of Project W is to enhance and improve the quality of life for women in Delaware County through collective giving by women. Target populations must be women and families of Delaware County.
Funding requests must not exceed $29,000. Applicants may apply for either a 1 year grant of $29,000, or a $29,000 grant that is distributed as $14,500 per year for 2 years. Applicants will decide which distribution type works best for their needs. Three grants will be awarded: one (1) $29,000 award (distributed either entirely in year 1 or distributed 1/2 per year over 2 years) and two (2) $14,500 awards (distributed entirely in year 1).
Applications will be considered in two phases. Organizations will be notified if selected for Phase 2. At the conclusion of phase 2, three finalist organizations will be selected. Finalist Organizations are required to attend and make a brief presentation of the grant proposal at Project W’s Annual Meeting on the evening of June 16, 2021. At this time, we expect the Annual Meeting to be held virtually. Please SAVE THE DATE. If you have any questions, please email projectw@TCFhelps.org.
Application submission deadline: March 5, 2021
Notification of Phase 2: April 15, 2021
Finalist Notification: June 1, 2021
Award Notification (Annual Meeting): June 16, 2021
- Must be charitable, tax exempt organizations with 501(c)3 certification
- Must support charitable activities in Delaware County
- Churches are not eligible to apply; however, organizations that utilize church facilities to further the mission of Project W may apply for funding, as long as they are independent 501(c)(3) organizations
Project W will not fund:
- For profit organizations
- Religious programs or those promoting religious education
- Programs that attempt to influence legislation or that promote or support a political organization as defined in 26 U.S.C. 527. A 527 is a non-profit organization formed under Section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code, which grants tax-exempt status to political committees at the national, state and local level.
- Organizations that do not provide services in Delaware County
- Currently funded Project W grant recipients
Preference will be given to applicants that:
- Work with under-served women or families
- Have the greatest impact on women or families in Delaware County
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Though not required that organizations be based or exclusively work in Delaware County, preference will be given to Delaware County based organizations.
Grant Award Report: Grant reports are required to be submitted within 12 months of the grant award. Please provide a brief description of the following:
- End of year report
- Narrative describing the program/project activities during the grant year
- Number of individuals impacted in Delaware County by program/project during grant year
- Quarterly reports: a photo/ “story” each quarter for social media/blog
- Funds distributed by Project W must be expended within 12 months